x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Apr 24, 2009.

1. domme

domme New Member

First of all: Thank you very much for finally offering a x64 version of the kX drivers.

Unfortunately I also experience the same problems with my Audigy 2 ZS as thomasabarnes does, popping noises and kxmixer crashing. Increasing playback buffers did not solve the problem for me.

2. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Yes!! :drool: Thanks, E!

3. stullexy

stullexy New Member

great work E :) ,.....gleich mal vista x64 installieren .....:D:drool:

4. trex_daemon

trex_daemon Member

Eugene, thanks for the x64 driver.
    I've switched using x64 now, the drivers works great for being the first version, but i've notice some bugs:

When i load a new plugin, the default values are WAAAY out of range, for example, EQ filters have their slider >65535 and stuff. Of course sound is distorted. When i touch the sliders, they revert back to their normal values, and everything is working again.

Also, when i try to double click on fxmix, or stereomix, kx frozes, starts eating up all the cpu, so i have to press the reset button.

The biggest problem is that whenever i load or restart kxmixer, all the values revert back to their out of range values, and i have to do it all over again.

Anobody experiencing this ??

Using vista 64 bit sp1, with audigy 2 zs.

5. curro1b

curro1b New Member

No sound with SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (SB0060 and SB0220) on Vista64-SP1.. :(

6. Trax

Trax New Member

I have SB0220 so I hope soon we'll get drivers for it. And I hope for Windows 7 too.

7. sproily

sproily New Member

I have 64-bit Vista also.. And I have Ableton Live.. How can I get ASIO working since Ableton doesn't have a 64-bit version? I can't seem to be able to install any 32-bit drivers..

8. Oxtie

Oxtie Active Member

hmmm :D lovely

Has anyone tried it for Win7 x64??? assuming that x86 vista drv started off the sound in x86 Win7, this version should work aswell with similar workaround :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  9. elov

elov New Member

Hi,

Nice work, i've been waiting long for x64 drivers. =)
    It works good for one exception, i can't change SPDIF resolution the box in Kx Mixer is empty. So the SPDIF output on my SB0092 10k2 [7800]. 48kHz is default and my XTZ Class A-100 DII would like 44.1kHz a bit more.

And now if that's solved, where do i donate to you Eugene?

Thanks / Martin

10. kX native

kX native New Member

Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

48 kHz is default resolution ... and optimum one for old creative cards ...

11. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

Wow I just noticed this, wish I had done sooner. This means I'll be able to continue using kX drivers for a long time to come. Hopefully the plugin authors still find interest or maybe this will even boost the interest in coding plugins for the drivers.

I often hear kX drivers weren't made for gaming in mind, but that's exactly what the latest 32bit kX drivers were used for here. I'm pretty much a hardcore gamer and kX drivers provide PERFECT 3D positional sound in pretty much any game on my Creative Audigy (SB0090), in some games with software/hardware sound acceleration I sometimes have to choose software because with hardware it becomes almost TOO much lol. Oh and did I not mention I use normal headphones and not 5.1 setup? It's like having a 5.1 set hanging around your ears. :D In L4D for example I just shoot the zombies hiding between trees from the position the sound gets from. UT3 I listen to footsteps and weapon noise of other people to know when and where to suprise them etc. It's like having something better than EAX enabled for every game without the games having any need for specific sound engine support. I couldn't stand living without kX drivers in fact because the 3D positional sound is simply amazing and sound quality a lot better as well. :p

Currently I don't have a 64bit OS installed but planning to install Windows 7 64bit RC build and will certainly give this driver a try then. Once again big thanks for the 64bit driver support, I think you're not even aware how much appriciated this is for some people.

PS, I think I've promised to donate if a 64bit build was released and I'm a man of my word and would gladly stick to the promise. Where or how can I do this please? Paypal? :)

12. EditioN

EditioN New Member

Hey,

I have atm Windows 7 RC x64, i tried this drivers and audio is working fine!

Now, the only problem (i know this pack is not for w7) is that the kxmixer doesn't boot it self and when i go to his folder and run from there it says :

Code:
    Error initializing your Audio Card
    Please Reinstall Drivers
    If you haven't rebooted after setup - please reboot now
    If kX Setup is currently in progress - ignore this message
    I rebooted already and i'm not installing the drivers xD

For the microphone i need the kX Mixer, no luck just on windows :X

Thanks Eugene!! Keep the awesome work :)

Edit: I was able to open kXMixer with Vista compatibility mode, Microphone is now working fine but atm i opened the mixer the audio looks a bit weird

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  13. mantralord

mantralord New Member

Installed it on Windows 7 with an SB0240, and every time a sound plays its some horrible grinding screeching noise instead. Haven't tried Vista, maybe that will fix it but who knows.

So yeah, that's my bug report.

14. Pred2k3

Pred2k3 New Member

Hi, I have switched to Vista x64 and installed this driver. At first it works, but after several reboots the driver does not work anymore and crashes with the following Vista -Message:

(Sorry for german description).

Strange thing is, that when the Vista Welcome appears the sound still works, but then crash..

PS: I really appreciate your work!Thanks

15. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

Running on Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100) 64bit atm and after switching kxmixer to Vista compability mode (by choosing "Troubleshoot compability") and selected Wave 4/5 as output (only one that works correctly) it's been working fine. No crashes or cracks/pops or sound corruptions etc so far noticed, quality is great, I think better than with Vista which I've been avoided also due to poor sound quality compared to XP with my settings/setup at least.

It's a shame no DSP plugins works yet, missing that wide sound depth, also I'm a basshead, need more bass! xD

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

@RPGWIZaRD........ how much ram you running? I don't have a 64 bit system, just for everybody else's info I'm wondering if the "2gig deal" has been resolved with this version.

I could never get the 32 bit version working with that compatibility workaround in Win7, I had sound, but no mixer and other than default windows sounds everything was crackly... glad this one's working for you.

17. cbjaust

cbjaust New Member

OK, Great News, thanks Eugene!

Sound Hardware:
    Audigy SB0090
    Live! Drive IR SB0010

Windows 7 x64 Beta Build 7000

The actual drivers install fine and are somewhat controllable with the Sound control panel but it seems none of the software installs - no kX Mixer so no DSP, etc.

My speakers are connected to the #1 out on the back of the card and the initail setting give sound on this output. The initial settings have the Master Mixer as the "Default Communication Device" and Wave Out 4/5 is set as the "Default Device"

To get sound out of the headset connected at the front to the Live! Drive IR I needed to set the Master Mixer to "Default Device". So far though I haven't worked out how to enable sound input from the headset mic.

Windows 7 is pretty neat though - only active devices show up in the Volume Mixer.

Cheers

18. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

Yea sorry forgot to mention that, I have 2GB ram.

19. elov

elov New Member

Hey, i figured it out how to get kxmixer running after having it crash all the time. Uninstall / Reinstall might work for a moment but, the fault exists somewhere inside the DSP. So a simple "kxctrl.exe -mrc" clears the DSP and KX mixer will run.
    Though the DSP will be totaly empty, I found it easy to build it up as i want it instead of loading the default which only makes it crash again.

Cheers..

Adding error message
    "Faulting application kxmixer.exe, version 5.10.0.3546, faulting module kxfxlib.kxl, version 5.10.0.3546, fault address 0x0000000000026d25."

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Once you rebuild the DSP does it stay and not cause crashing on reboot? Wondering what's in the default that causes the problem......