x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Apr 24, 2009.

1. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

Surrounder plugin worked perfectly fine for me, otherwise I wouldn't have this good surround/3D positional sound like I have.

2. Captain Cat Pain

Captain Cat Pain New Member

Re : x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Hello,

Thanks for this work Gavrilov. But i have a problem : i have no kX interface, so i can't change configruation. Is that normal ?

Edit : okay, i've found in kX folder. Why the installer don't make to run at Windows start ? Why there's no shortcut for kX ? I'm on XP 64.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. woodendaze

woodendaze New Member

Re: Re : x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Does it work if you run it? I use Vista x64 SP2 and whenever I start kxmixer, sound disappears.

4. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  5. Captain Cat Pain

Captain Cat Pain New Member

Re : x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

OK,

I've better tested kX x64, so i can't change sound volume of Line In in Dscaler application (it doesn't increase or decrease sound volume). It misses volume record input in Windows panel mixer.

6. themax

themax New Member

After more test, surrounder is OK.
    I fixed the ilogical amount size of EQ, cheking the " FX amounts" box at the hour of save.
    "AC3 line in" also work whitout problems.
    Only some pops in HD 5.1 movies.

Thanks again Eugene!

7. woodendaze

woodendaze New Member

Re: Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

That's not it, I've been using the rear-connector for years in 32 bit Windows and it's not been giving me any problems before switching to Vista and KX x64. If I start kxmixer its as if driver completely fudges up, each and every option in kxmixer gets ghosted and I cannot change anything.

8. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

hello to everybody,
    the driver is working perfectly , using it on vista x64 ultimate sp1 with a very old sb0229, very happy that development stepped up to 64bits.(am an old kx user).
    Untill a month a go i didn`t have 5.1 speaker system , so i`m new to this part of KX , and my problem is as follows: i cant get a 5.1 movie to sound the propper way.
    I use vlc , but also tried with other , like media player classic , or kmplayer and so on.default Soundcard in windows is set to Wave Out 2/3, and i don`t quite understand how the 5.1 is generated , because firstly in vlc the sound is set automatically to 2.0 (on other 5.1 soundcards with original drivers , it is being set to 5.1 automatically and it sounds like it should).if i set it manually to 5.1 the on 2/3 some weak sound from the movie can be heard (front channel i think) , and thats it.So from where comes the rest of the sound?what is the propper way to set 5.1 up?
    What i have done is connected the surrounder+ , surrounderLT , by connecting the plugins input to the 2/3 , 4/5 , 6/7 outputs , and the plugins output to the respective speakers (see screenshot), but still the same low volume sound.
    frankly what i don`t understand is how to output 5.1 sound , if the soundcard itself is being split up in 3x2channel card, and then outputing from there 5.1 sound.please help me out!

Kind Regards,
    Ivan

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  9. keyser_soze

keyser_soze New Member

@ivanlaszik:

since we have the same card, and i had the same problem i feel obligated...

goto control panel>>>manage audio devices. there set SPDIF/AC3 output as your default device, and as default communication device (forget about those wave out options). next, find the folder where the driver was installed (presumably program files) and run kxmixer with vista compatibility. i belive u can mange it from there (set sound to 5.1 etc).
    sry for bad english

p.s.
    would someone please ffs tell me how to setup 5.1 sound in os x driver (triied posting in os x subsection but noone replied)

10. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

thank you for the reply , but i already did that.

when i set spdif/ac3 as default soundcard , in the dsp sound is coming ONLY from the upper 2 connectors of xrouting (8000 + 8001): and yet again that is only stereo , so connecting the surrounder doesn`t help much because it is not creating propper 5.1 sound.

11. keyser_soze

keyser_soze New Member

it worked for me fine with the default dsp setup...

i triied to make an profx setup but can't figure out the wireing, so if u have an profx setup i would be much obliged.

12. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

cannot quite help you there , sorry , because untill i don`t have propper 5.1 sound i`m not playing around with anything else.
    SO , still waiting for some solutions...

Kind Regards,
    Ivan

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

@ivanlaszik,

Only Wave 0/1 (which AFAIK is called "Master Mixer" in Vista) is multichannel capable, so it must be the default device in the Windows Control Panel (or the chosen device in your audio application) if you want multichannel audio to play correctly. The other wave devices are stereo only.

14. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Isn't it set to 5.1 by default? or do you mean to upmix stereo sources to 5.1? If so, it might be better to do it in software for now...

Aside from the above, you could try the following:
    Open kX Console and type:
    sg 8 8008 0x40000000
    sg 8 8009 0x7FFFFFFF
    sg 8 800a 0x40000000

I do not have OS X, so I cannot be sure whether the above will work for you or not...

15. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

@Russ
    10x for the reply,

yes i know that , only the thing is that i am not able to select Master Mixer as default device (there is no button for putting it default).and if i select master mixer manually in an audio application , i.e. winamp , it says that device in use and in error (see below screenshot).any suggestions how i could fix this is highly appreciated...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5282/mastermixer.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  16. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ahh, I think that may be a bug with 10k1 cards (only). I recall other Vista/10k1 users having the same issue in some previous kX versions. I am not aware of any workarounds...

17. ivanlaszik

ivanlaszik New Member

great......
    well anyways thanks , althou when I had XP 32bits , on this same card wave 0/1 could be put as default.so i`m hoping this has to be because of early version of this driver.will be waiting for upcoming versions , maybe it will be fixed , if not , i will get an audigy.
    if by any chance somebody knows a workaround , please don`t hesitate to post it.

Kind Regards,
    Ivan

18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Right, it only seemed to be an issue with Vista (and maybe Windows 2007/2008) with 10k1 models.

19. robert74

robert74 New Member

Works a treat in windows 7 rc1 (with compatibility mode on)

20. Temragon

Temragon Member

Does anyone have a 10k1 working on 7rc x64?

I've gotten it working on Vista SP1 aside from the saving issue, but I'd like to move to 7. It all seems to function properly (but no sound), except after setting all compatibility options and getting the dsp editor open, I can walk a Peak over the FXBus connectors and get nothing, and over a FXBusX with 3 active connectors (FXBus8, 16, 17) - And, upon sending those to the epiog, I find it's the mic.

Master Mixer is unavailable, just like in Vista, and have tried it on all kx outputs. (Using foobar as noise, and to pick output)

(As far as anyone saying it's too early to pay attention to 7, need I remind you of video drivers and the vista fiasco? And that 7 is in RC now?)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009