x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Apr 24, 2009.

1. SeraphicGate

SeraphicGate New Member

Are you able to use a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum with this x64 Vista Ultimate SP2 driver and still do Dolby Digital 5.1 Direct Recording? Or can this only be done on under Windows XP?

Also, does it matter if you have 4GB or 8GB memory installed?
    What features are lost if more then 2GB of memory?
    Interested in sound playback and direct dolby digital 5.1 (maybe DTS-ex too) recording really.

2. Optimus

Optimus New Member

This driver is work fine on Windows 7 RC2 7021 x64, and work well for me. But there still a problem,that I can't use mic with this drive. There is a recording device name "kX 10k1 Audio 3546 - Generic", but I can't record with that device, there is no sound input from it. I try to find Line in port, but I didn't find it. How to make the Mic work?

System:Windows 7 RC2 7021 x64 Ultimate
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live! Digital (SB0220)

3. Ino

Ino New Member

AW: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Same Problem here with 10k1.

I Have the center speaker an the front the sub plays too.

but my rear speaker dont play.

what i can doo ?

4. hoanjun

hoanjun New Member

I have SB0220, using W7 x64bit. I had installed KX 3541 but it doesn't worked. It's show "error selecting device" during installation. After installed, reboot, i clicked on KX Mixer but it also show error. Hope with this version of KX for x64, i could install it. Is there any one experienced on this?

5. hapbt

hapbt New Member

32bit ASIO issues, my response to ppl having probs w/ ASIO not showing in 32 bit apps

i have seen alot of people posting about this and maybe someone has replied but it seemed an explanation of 32/64bit ASIO compatibility was conspiculously missing-- one thing i noticed is that i have a emu1212m, well i didnt notice that i mean, i had it :) but what i noticed ABOUT its EMU drivers are they included a 32-bit ASIO thunking dll-- basically a layer to convert 32bit ASIO calls into 64bit to be passed to the 64bit drivers, kx drivers DO NOT appear to have such a layer, so only 64bit apps will see the ASIO dlls and stuff at this time. i am ass-u-me-ing all this cuz i havent seen an official explanation from eugene or anyone. some people have mentioned asio4all and this is a viable solution that is a bit more overhead but seems to work ok.
    i also have personally had issues with clickpops during normal non-asio playback and im using my EMU drivers until i see another version..

also when i first installed the drivers everything installed fine but i had no sound and no kx mixer. i manually ran kx mixer and since then its started on startup, no problems. i had to dig around and found some 'reload firmware' option in the mixer after trying EVERYTHING else i could think of and that magically fixed my audio output. i had no problems switching back and forth with the official EMU drivers after that.

6. hoanjun

hoanjun New Member

Hi Eugene!

Tks for your update of KX x64 driver. I'm using SB0220 with OS W7 x64, and installed KX x64 already. The installation had finished but i could not use it, dont know why. After installation, i rebooted the computer as instruction, and click into 3546 folder on C\programfile\KX audio driver\3546, and run the KX Mixer but it shown error as follow: "error initializing your audio card. Please reinstall driver. If you haven't rebooted after setup-please reboot now. If KX setup is currently in progress - ignore this message". Even though i had tried many time to reinstall the driver, reboot the computer, it is still show the message as above. Could you or somebody could guide me on this. Thank you for your promt reply.

Best regards

7. Temragon

Temragon Member

Hoanjun, you need to read the rest of the thread. You need to run kxmixer.exe from the install folder in vista compatibility mode.

8. herotic

herotic New Member

im having issues with the drivers... when using 4gb of ram I dont get sound... or if i do it is distorted. when using 2gb of ram the sound works as long as I reverse the front and rear channels. Is there a work around for the 4gb issue? I would really like to use all of my ram. :confused:

9. Aoikaze

Aoikaze New Member

It took a lot of months of emotional fights within me :mad: whether to buy a new X-Fi Card or to stay with my Audigy2 ZS :confused:...
    I looked for drivers that would work (even with the unbelievable demand of DTS-Sound) literally EVERYWHERE :duh:... Even DanielKs driver-pack I found didn't work it's magic with my XP64....:rolleyes:

But finally.... FINALLY!! :w00t: I discovered those drivers! I am close to start worshiping you guys :D

10. hapbt

hapbt New Member

i have 6 gigs of ram on vista x64 and the driver is working great
    might want to try 'reload firmware' option if you can find it
    i cant remember where it is in kxmixer for the life of me

11. Temragon

Temragon Member

Ram issues only seem to be on 7.

Check the thread in this forum, we should probably verify that with a few more reports.

12. hoanjun

hoanjun New Member

Hi Temragon!

Tks for your advice. I've done with running kxmixer in compatibility mode, and could run the km mixer already. And as read threads above, i set Master Mixer as default device, but totally no sound. Then i switch Wave output 4/5 as default device, and Master mixer as default communication device, but there happen such an continous sound popping. Could you guide me on how to set up on this to get sound :tears::tears::tears:, and also setting up in kx mixer.

Tks so much
    Hoanjun

13. Temragon

Temragon Member

My only advice is to read the rest of this thread, or try larger buffer settings (Right click the mixer tray icon and dig through there). If you have more than 2gb of ram, it MIGHT be the problem.

14. Ino

Ino New Member

AW: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Hello I habe a problem:

audigy 2zs
    this kx driver

i have no sound in youtube an other flashsites
    with winamp, vlc ... i don't have any problems the sound ist very nice
    i read in the internet i have to change to 48Khz in the windows sound propeties but i can't do this.

can somebody help me ?

15. hoanjun

hoanjun New Member

Dear Temragon!

Tks for your input. I had tried it already but it doesn't work. I have 4G Ram. Anyway, i have to buy another new sound card if my SB0220 doesn't, hichic. Thank you very much

Hoanjun

16. lord_velocraptor

lord_velocraptor New Member

Drivers not work for me. Everything is going fine but after few minutes (watching film, or listen music) sound is very distorted. Im back to creative drivers again and i'm not happy with that. Any ideas whats wrong? my pc: Vista x64 SP2, Audigy 2 (SB0240), 8Mb RAM (with 4MB same effect), GFX: radeon4870, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4

17. BountyHunter

BountyHunter New Member

I've waited forever for this.

18. horrok

horrok New Member

hello there,

i'm using the driver with sb0400 (audigy 2 value) under windows 7 x64.

everything works fine (except some clickings in sound just after the installation, but i've solved it changing from Wave Out 6/7 to 0/1)

the only issue is ASIO - it doesn't work even with the software said to be supporting x64. i've tried to use it with GuitarRig 3.2, but it says the ASIO is "Stopped". asio4all driver works fine in the same time, but with noticable delay

is there any workaround? maybe any settings?

19. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

>i've tried to use it with GuitarRig 3.2, but it says the ASIO is "Stopped".

make sure you set the right sample rate for the GR (kX ASIO support only 48000Hz for ASIO inputs).

20. horrok

horrok New Member

Re: Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

it doesn't allow me to select any sample rate (the only choice is "0" and is not selectable). also there is an "ASIO Config" button in GuitarRig; nothing happens when i click it (in 32-bit Vista this button opened the kX asio settings window)