x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugene Gavrilov, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Max M.

Max M. h/h member-shmember

Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

Is this a 64-bit version of GuitarRig? Note that the 64-bit version kX supports only 64-bit ASIO hence requiring the ASIO client to use 64-bit ASIO interface.

p.s. mm, according to NI site, it looks like there's no 64bit version of the GR.
    i.e. you won't be able to use GR with the kX ASIO in 64-bit OS. - i.e. use asio4all.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. kuh

kuh New Member

Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

NI GR ver. 3.2.0 -3.2 1 - x64 standalone and x64 VST plug.

regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 3
    \AB2 SampleRate=48000 ?

3. horrok

horrok New Member

Re: Îòâåò: x64 driver (Vista x64 and Windows XP x64) - ALPHA - 3546

thanks. i've tried to, but GR simply sets this value to zero at startup if the kx asio is selected (and sets it to 44100 for asio4all)

don't think sample rate is the main problem. "asio config" button is not clickable, and also there are no inputs\outputs avaliable to choose from in GR settings.

i guess the kxasio implementation is a bit outdated or incomplete for x64 systems. so will be waiting for the newer version )

4. A2597

A2597 New Member

using windows 7 RC with 8GB ram an no sound here.

Figured drivers just didn't work, but now that I'm seeing others with the same issue I'm thinking it might be related. This evening I'll take out some stick of Ram and see if that fixes the issue.

5. LyyNx

LyyNx New Member

just thought i'd report that using winxp x64 i have absolutely no problems. no noticable that is.. although ADC of profx seems to be having problems with gui but this might be a problem with my winxp since i nlite'd it.. maybe i removed some runtimes required for it. but using SRC from profx solves the problem for me :)

using audigy2 plat ( sb0240 )

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. mushroomboy

mushroomboy New Member

I'm running Win7 7264 with SBLive! (SB0102 10k1 ac00). I have kmixer running in compat and the Wave Out 4/5 selected, I haven't tried DSP (for now I have no need) but overall the sound works perfect. I'm VERY VERY glad you guys got these drivers running, it was the only thing I didn't like about a Windows 64bit OS (I normally run linux anyways) but since this works I'm extremly happy. Now I don't cringe as much when I'm booted into windows, thanks guys you did an AMAZING job. Peace!

7. search4bp

search4bp New Member

hi guys,

before I try to install a Win 2008 Server x64 OS with a KX x64 driver, I thought to better ask if that might work - as most Vista x64 drivers work on Server 2008 x64

can someone of you answer this question please!?

thanks