Xbox 360 - your views?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 11, 2006.

?

Xbox 360 - your views?

1. Total success - brilliant console

33 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Its been good so far

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Im undecided

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Dont rate it, too many problems

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Awful, I wont be buying

12 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

2. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Definately my console of choice from the current generation :D

3. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

It's my console of choice also. I am not all about POWER. Sony loves to brag about power well I agree it may have the most power but we will see how the games and game play are. I love the idea of xbox live and almost free it's hard not sign in. 3.88/month for 13 months is nothing.

Second big thing is that you can buy everything on it's own and unlike the ps3 you are paying for everything even things you might not need. They are just putting games on blueray just to get people to like it plus the wireless makes the price go up a lot. O and that "fancy" cpu. I just enjoy the 360 and between the 2 most games will be out for each system anyways.

I will just be buying the HD dvd add on for the 360 when it comes out next month!

4. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Winner in my eyes. It's exceeded my expectations and has got me playing games again.

5. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Loving mine so far, first console since SNES. Also enjoy playing some of the Xbox games I've always wanted to play.

6. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

Meh, offers nothing new or innovative if you have a PC and are planning on PS3 and\or Wi, average at best line up of games, half ass backwards compatibility. Waste of money imo.

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

looking over titles for it that even intrest me, its only dead riseing. everything else i either have little to no intrest in, or its comeing out to PC.

at this point in time, unless i won one, i dont see my self ever owning a 360.

8. Customgamer1

Well the number one reason why I enjoy playing the 360 is it's just simple to use. You don't have to bother having install,driver or other unwanted errors. Also you don't have to deal with the BS because as far as I have seen the console games see more testing before they are put on the shelf unlike pc games where they just say we can just release a patch.

One of the biggest things is you never have to update for the life of that console's gen. Much better than buying a new part for the pc once a year lol.

9. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I don't have one, but I might be looking into it. Personally, I think its been much more of a success than many had believed, partially due to Sony's near meltdown. I think its a good console, that is what it is, a gaming console, not some silly piece of furniture "the whole family will love" that requires a mortgage to enjoy. Games look good, price is what is expected, I think its a huge success for MS.

10. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

When I baught mine 60 days ago I really thought I would be taking it back to the store and getting my $$$ back....WRONG!

11. Customgamer1

I would just like to know if you did not think you were going to like it why did you buy it? I don't buy things I don't think I will enjoy lol. O well at least you like it!

12. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I had some $$$ burnin a hole in my pocket at the time.I bought a MAC.Took the MAC back.Then I bought a laptop.Took the laptop back.The went and bought another MAC.Took that MAC back.........Hey!I'm a poet!..........Anyways.........after I took that MAC back I bought the 360........And kept it.

13. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

Why do I like my XBOX 360? Put game in drive, game runs. No hardware issues, no software problems, put it in - play.

For example - The new Splinter Cell specs are insanely high. Do I want to buy a grand or more of hardware just to play this game for a week? Not likely. However, I'll certainly plop down some money for the XBOX version. Quality should be on par, and no new video card. I'll buy it used, sell it, probably be out maybe $5.00 at the end.

The whole PC keeping up with the Jones' gets really expensive after a while. I know that my XBOX 360 will be playing games for the next few years, they haven't even tapped the hardware's full potential yet.

Are there PC games I like? Definitely. But I like to have an alternative. The 360 gives me that choice.

14. technonerd

technonerd New Member

Rumors that the X360 price will drop when PS3 is release.

My question is: Should I buy it now or wait until the price drop? I want to buy it before end of november. So again, will the X360 price drop before end of november?

15. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

I wouldn't hold your breath on a price drop. Just Google for "XBOX 360 price drop rumors". Bottom line as I see it - the PS3 is going to cost more than the 360. Since it will cost more - and probably a good $150.00+ more, there really wouldn't be a need to drop 360 pricing.

Just my thoughts...

16. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

nope,no price drop on the 360 this year.Or so says Computer Gameing World & Maximum PC.Both addressed these rumors in this months issue.

17. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

JUST GIMME GEARS OF WAR ALREADY!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

18. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

No crap...

19. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

I'm sooo screwed this xmas...gears of war, pes6, fifa07, dead rising, saints row, splinter cell DA...and xbox live officialy released in portugal....and no cash for it all...someone STOP THIS TORTURE!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  20. technonerd

technonerd New Member

Dammit, oh well then I'm buying it in couple of week...mmmaybe this week :)