XPVistaWin 7 Driver Support for AudigyXFIXtreme AudioUSBPCI E Support Cards

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Nov 20, 2007.

1. hmj2k3

hmj2k3 New Member

Robert, have you been able to find a way to enable the Mic boost with the X-Fi titanium PCI-e under windows 7 and vista ?

2. Mr Ekko

Mr Ekko X-Fi Titanium user

Ok, I did that scan, no errors. But what's that has to do with the sound? Like I've said it only happened when I switched to the latest drivers?

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Some times if you have error on drive mess system up or slow down. Anyway Did you used cleaner out older set? If you feel older set work better then used it.

4. Jabe

Jabe New Member

Wow! After days upon DAYS of googling I stumbled across this thread! (first post btw :p) I hope you can help.

I purchased a MSI P7N Diamond Motherboard, and being the higher end motherboard, MSI decided not to include any onbuilt sound card to free up some space for some goodies. They supplied me with a MSI X-FI Extreme Audio card to go with the motherboard (PCI-e 1x) and after installing Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit I downloaded a couple of sound drivers, and at first re-boot, they worked. But the moment I did I cold start and tried to open the sound, I kept getting the "No sound card detected... blah blah" message, and for days I've tried to find working drivers... I've downloaded a good 7-8 drivers but non work. (most of them say they support W764 as well...)

Please, oh PLEASE could you help me Robert? I'm pulling my hairs out! I've been playing Bad Company 2 with no sound and its so... geh! Lol.

Thanks!

5. Robert McClelland

You got driver link for you board I can tune them up :)

6. Jabe

Jabe New Member

Yaa! I got a reply! :D What do you mean by driver link? I actually haven't used any drivers for the board seen as Windows detected the basics, all I did was install my GPU drivers. BUT, heres the link to the motherboard:

MSI Global ? Mainboard - P7N Diamond

Any good?

7. Robert McClelland

It doesn't stay about your sound card driver :(

8. Jabe

Jabe New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. As I said, the motherboard came without a sound card onboard as it was the top end motherboard so they had to free up some space, HOWEVER they did send me a add-on PCI-E x1 Sound card named "MSI X-FI Extreme Audio" and the best place I could find drivers for this card was from Creative's own website. (soundblaster.)

I tried a good 7-8 different drivers useing the tag above, but non of them where working for Windows 7. The last one I tried was this:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Series Driver 1.04.0000 Wind...OS: Windows XP/Vista/Win7(all x32/x64)"

Link to last driver used:
    CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X FI XTREME AUDIO SERIES DRIVER 1.04.0000 WINDOWS XP VISTA WIN7 ALL X32 X64 V - Download Drivers Free

Link to sound card:
    Buy Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio - Sound Blaster - Creative Store (UK)

Thanks!

9. Mr Ekko

Yeah sure, I used latest Drive Sweeper, cleaned everything including CCL, Alchemy, Control Panell App, etc, all. Than installed from scratch everything....

10. tjdfalcon

tjdfalcon New Member

I recently came across some drivers for the relatively new Go! Pro. I understand that this device offers EAX 5 which is a first for a notebook solution (excluding mb2 which doesn't count). I was wondering if these drivers could be made to work with other devices like the old Go! and the X-fi Notebook.

Disclaimer: these drivers are not publically available from creative. I had to personally contact a representative in order to gain access to these drivers. Every other piece of creative software is freely available, but I understand if someone would like to me to take down the link.

Here is a link to the drivers:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?x5a5a43s4il34l4

If anything perhaps Pax drivers can be made for these for those who have this product.

Thank you very much

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  11. Mr Ekko

I wanted to ask you also, do you have any driver for Win 7 for SB Live! ??
    Tnks.

12. Robert McClelland

13. Mr Ekko

Than-kyu! ;)

14. Erotavius

Erotavius New Member

Hello, I am very interested in this forum, however am a new user but require help! I also, registered just for this forum. What I am looking for is some drivers that will work with my newly acquired X-fi Notebook express card. None of the drivers creative has provided recognize my system. I am using a core i7 1.6 on Windows 764 bit with a 260M video card and 8GB of dual channel ram. Whenver I install the drivers provided by creative I receive a "Card not found" or "Not supported" or other such nonsensical error. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

15. Robert McClelland

You have your device ID bud? I can check see if in the driver set for you :)

16. Erotavius

Erotavius New Member

Robert,

THanks for getting back to me so quickly, i'm a afraid i'm a bit of a noob but i'll try to explain my situation as best I can... Before I upgraded to Windows 7 SP1, I was running soundblaster x-fi advanced MB on my laptop with my realtek card and official, current drivers. I Tried for hours and hours after upgrading to get the driver to work but never could. Creative finally told me that x-fi software was not compatible with windows 7 SP1. I missed my audio so I bought the notebook and had the exact same issues.

I read your forum and tried your current x-fi NB drivers but recieved errors. I just installed your master suit and now everything works well except...My volume control. The X-fi volume seems to be locked at a low level, no adjustment via the control panel or windows volume control seem to have any effect...I have tried disabling my realtek card, cleanly uninstalling and reinstalling and now I'm just throwing my hands up in complete and utter confusion. I realize I'm probably missing something very simple and apologize for this long drawn out explanation if it wasn't necessary.These were the "hardware ID's" for the x-fi Notebook. Is this what your looking for? USB\VID_041E&PID_30D2&REV_0100&MI_00
    USB\VID_041E&PID_30D2&MI_00

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Robert McClelland

Did you installed volume panel with cd that came with it?

18. Erotavius

Erotavius New Member

I installed it initially, but it did not recognize the soundcard.

19. Robert McClelland

Did the cd come with your card?

20. Erotavius

Erotavius New Member

Yeah, it did. I have no idea what is going on...Creative says that its not Win7 Supported, but I know people running this card under similar configurations. Also, why did the X-fi advanced MB software stop functioning after SP1 update? Is my system messed?