You guys saved my butt - thanks!

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by AdmSovereign, Aug 19, 2008.

1. AdmSovereign

AdmSovereign New Member

I have a rather unusual setup, in that I have a 9800GX2 for my games but being as it is, it can only drive one monitor. Secondary display cards are nothing new, but my configuration is weird. I use a DX9 display card (7900GTX, formerly king of the hill three years ago) to drive other monitors. Needless to say, installing graphics drivers can be a huge pain.

I had run into a specific release of NVIDIA drivers (ironically the WHQL release) that would not install correctly and left me with a hosed system. I reformatted and then decided to take out the 7900GTX for the next Windows install. I put the 7900GTX back in, thinking the automatic installation of drivers would take care of itself; instead Windows installed NVIDIA WDM drivers which shut off Aero and disabled my gaming card.

I bought Driver Cleaner.NET, rebooted into Safe Mode, uninstalled the drivers from the control panel, rebooted again (Safe Mode w/Networking), updated Driver Cleaner and BAM. Next driver install (same drivers) went like butter.

THANKS!

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Great to hear, hope you hang around the forums and share the love ;)

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Good to hear. Drivers can indeed be difficult with installing and uninstalling. Thank you for posting your experience.