YouP PAX series modded drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 20, 2005.

1. nickel

nickel New Member

No luck in Germany :oops:

2. Dost24

Dost24 New Member

First of all thank you for your hard work classic_leon & YouP!
    I have luck with the download from germany, but the speed is very very very slow! 1,19 kb/s the download is compleded in 8 hours! If any one finished the download... Can you uploaded please in http://rapidshare.de/ the speed is very good for all the people in Europe!
    Thank you all!

3. HeartbreakKid

HeartbreakKid New Member

4. Dost24

Dost24 New Member

Thank you very much HeartbreakKid :cool:

5. mcbigboss

mcbigboss New Member

Classic Leon...will there be an Hacked Iso coming??

6. nickel

nickel New Member

:w00t:

Thank you HeartbreakKid :)

and classic_leon & YouP:D

7. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 New Member

Awesome drivers classic_leon!

Just one thing though, I appear to be having problems getting MediaSource to actually open - is this a known issue?

8. carnival

carnival New Member

Great drivers with an amazing sound (music edit II)! Great job!

9. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

For me everthing works great expact the EAX and EQ not loading? anyone else having this issue? I chose movie and games.

10. hacker3000

hacker3000 New Member

i managed it to work 100 %... what i did:

deinstall all creative related, deleted creative folder from c:\program files, ran driver cleaner pro in windows safe mode... then:

installed creative audigy 4 apps without drivers
    reboot (important!! otherwise it didn't work for me)
    installed youp pas fi 2.31 drivers manually with device manager
    occasionally installed some patches, new version of creative audio console and maybe speaker calibrator
    reboot

so it works great on my audigy 2 zs notebook with creative s750 and all programs are working

11. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

Thank god. I finally can visit driverheaven. Yesterday i failed to edit the post here and something was edited.
    Guys, Too much things were added into the drivers that caused bugs. but don't warry, bugs will be fixed soon and you'll get updated drivers.

and, other thing i need to tell ya. Maybe (remember, it's just "Maybe") X-Fi Cd are able to be modded and most of functions can be used on Audigy2/2 Zs at work. But I need your help about a "tracking" function which I can't do. If you don't want explosive yourselves to "mod" it and you really want do it, send me PMs on DH or get to bbs.youp-pax.org to discuss where you are safety. (but, i beg you pls don't post a independed driver which contains DTS hardware decoding though it can be done and already done)

ps. hacker3000.I need your DxDiag info. pls give it to me.

12. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 New Member

Managed to get around my previous problem. Removed everything and started afresh, rebooted and ran Driver Cleaner, rebooted, installed MediaSource/other apps from the hacked A4 ISO (including the speaker/surround console patch), rebooted, installed drivers, rebooted, works! Even the EAX panel works, which I was having trouble with before.

Excellent stuff man! Still very buggy, but working very well once they are set up properly!

Can't wait for the New Year Package... newer edition of MediaSource? :)

13. classic_leon

classic_leon New Member

:dead: i don't know anything about newer package than New Year package 2005.:duh: :dead: it probably be done if super modders would like to help me.

14. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you guys try my way safe mode? Sometimes that works. :)

15. km52

km52 ! Overclocked !

thx to YouP and classic_leon for the wonderful 2.31 release...best sound quality ever heard in games and mp3, and this release has fixed stuttering in nfs most wanted.

16. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

Beta creative 2.08 or Pax 2.31

Do you think that Pax 2.31 has better sound for Audigy 1 than Beta Creative 2.08 :uhoh:
    THX

17. km52

km52 ! Overclocked !

absolutely

18. JohnnyNguy3n

JohnnyNguy3n New Member

I don't get how you install the drivers. All I know is I have to uninstall my current driver. Reboot in Safemode, Use DriverCleaner PRO, REBOOT. Then what now? What programs do I need and in what order? I have an Audigy2ZS. The only driver I downloaded so far is the youppaxfi231. The YouP site is down at the moment. Thanks

19. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

Are you sure absolutely, because i have beta creative now on audigy1 and this driver is the best i have ever had (compare last PAX1.02 vs Beta 2.008 and creative have cleaner sound and deeper bass so i dont believe that new pax could be better) and on which drivers are 2.31 based that for you seems better than beta creative 2.008 ? :w00t:

20. km52

km52 ! Overclocked !

@JohnnyNguy3n:

you can install the drivers alone with no additional software. this way you can change all desired settings via the windows volume control applet and the Creative Audio Console which is included in the YouP 2.31 package.

@TFAROCH:

after i switched from the old YouP A4 1.02 to the Creative 2.008 betas, i was more than surprised about the great increase in sound quality in terms of bass and clean-ness of sound in general. i tought that this couldn't get any better ever. then the YouP 2.31 package came out. i really have no clue what YouP is doing with the Creative originals, but it's impressive. sound and bass have improved again, and the 3D sound effects feeling in games like Doom3 has also became a notch better compared to Creative 2.008. And finally they have nearly fixed the stuttering i get in NFS MW. With 2.008, there where these short 'hangs' while driving around every 15-30 seconds. With 2.31, these hangs only occur every ~5 minutes.