YouP PAX series modded drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by classic_leon, Jan 20, 2005.

1. piaskoon

piaskoon New Member

HI. I installed 238 driver and software from A4.iso. IMO sound isn't as good as it was in creative's beta driver which i used before. The good thing is, stuttering in NFS MW disapeared! :D I wonder if it happened because of removal of CTHELPER.EXE in msconfig (this trick helps also with frame rate drops in Battlefield 2) or just because of improved driver?
    The only problem I found is that graphic EQ doesn't work.

Greetings and I'm looking forward for YouP2006 ISO with 24-bit Crystalizer enabled for Audigy2;)

EDIT: I have an Audigy 2 Value card.

2. TFAROCH

TFAROCH New Member

km 52 hmm sound interesting that 2.31 is the same as beta 2.008 and with better sound effect but i afraid to install 2.31 bacause 1.02 sound to agressive in middle-high spectrum but if you say that they can by compared in sound with 2.008 why not try it THX

3. Campano

Campano New Member

Hi!

I tried the new 2.31 driver and I really don't know what's happening... The driver are installing fine, but when I install the Audigy4 hacked software my computer freeze in windows right after the desktop is loaded...

Here what I tried to solve the problem with no success :

The first time I cleaned everything in safe mode with 1.02 driver uninstall and windows uninstaller to remove audigy 4 soft and used driver cleaner to remove all the files and registry key. Installed the PAX2.31 and rebooted. After I've installed the Audigy 4 hacked software rebooted and the computer froze on the windows desktop... -> Did not worked

The second time I formatted the computer to use a clean windows installation. I installed SP2 and after the PAX2.31 driver. After a reboot I installed the audigy 4 hacked software and when I rebooted the computer froze on the windows desktop... -> So... did not worked...

The third time I tried what I did the second time but in safe mode as I saw on another post on the forum and guess what... the computer froze again...

*(For the second and third time I've only installed the soundcard driver and nothing else, so it's not conflicting with any other drivers)

After that I cleaned up all the soft and driver and I reinstalled the PAX1.02 and after a reboot the audigy 4 hacked soft and it's working... So I don't have any idea why I cannot use the PAX2.31...

Here is my setup :
    Motherboard : Asus P4P800 (Bios 1021 Beta 006)
    CPU : P4 2.4Ghz (with hyperthreading)
    Video : ATI 9600XT
    Sound : Audigy 2 Platinum

By the way I'm trying to find out why people cannot play DVD-Audio with creative software (I'm one of them) and with only the Windows SP2 + soundcard driver it's working so I'll try to find out if it's a driver or a software that is conflicting with DVD-Audio player...

Hope someone may help me because I really want to try the PAX2.31 driver!!! :)

4. amonrei

amonrei New Member

Maybe i'll wait for this updated version before installing. :)

5. cyberized

cyberized New Member

I just cleaned out ALL my Audigy 2 ZS Drivers and Software and downloaded their BETA Open AL driver package BUT I now do not have ANY SB Software - not even a Volume Contol on my Toolbar. Nothing listed in ADD/Remove Programs or even on the C Drive. In Control Panel I do find the Drivers were loaded by looking in Device Manager or Sound ------- and their # is:5.12.10.1162. Did I do something wrong - OR - is this the way it is??? IF so, I think I'll delete these and go back to their Regular Drivers and Software even if that Equalizer does not work like it should.

This has had me looking this MOD business over BUT most of the LINKS are DEAD or they are slow as molasses.

TKS Michael:confused:

6. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

UM You have installed Audigy 4 pro software first then the 2.31 drivers.
    Might have try under safe mode.

7. OpiO

OpiO New Member

creative beta vs PAX ????

hi @ all
    i read nearly all of the posts in this thread but i am still not sure if i should give PAX a try.
    The new beta driver from creative works really great for me playing BF2/SF;
    i allready tried the kx_drivers from our russian friends; which worked great for PURE music listening, but for me no option cause EAX didn't work !!
    Someone can tell me what is improved at the PAX drivers compared to the BETA driver from creative ?

PS: got an AUDIGY 2 VALUE ; which should be supported by the new pax!

8. piaskoon

piaskoon New Member

I can tell u that pax 2.31 is better than latest betas from creative. Main reason is that youp solves stuttering problem in NFSMW. BF2 works good for me on both drivers.

9. JGSF

JGSF New Member

I've installed PAX 2.31 for the first time.

ASIO 24/96 works, but its volume it's VERY low (ASIO 16/48 works loud enough)... where can I tweak this?

Do I need to get the Audigy 4 software CD as well?

10. luzer

luzer New Member

firstly, thank for this most informative post! i have been struggling with digital output VIA SPDIF for many months using my OEM SB Live Value card.

currently, i have the following problem: whenever i tried to install the above drivers (using the DVDKingdom patch), i am able to reboot, and then a few moments after windows starts up, i get the blue screen of death.

please help me! i once got this working, but my HDD crashed since.

the sound works now- although not dolby digital (i can see on the reciever when it is passing as digital), but again, i cant upgrade the drivers using the above link.

is there a way to remove all references to my old (incorrect SB drivers)? i hve tried so many over the months.

my config:
    Windows Media Center Edition 2005 - sp2
    sound blaster live value digital (SB0226)
    NVDVD codec (latest version)
    Fuji 1650 mb
    pentium 4 3.2
    1 gig ram

thanks again for your expert help

11. markm

markm New Member

I think yes, i've just posted this on some other threat:
    "
    I've dw the X-FI ISO and it seams that some X-Fi apps work with SB Live 4.1.
    The ones made with features for X-Fi don't work of course.
    I really like the Karaoke Player, and I find usefull the Volume Panel. Hoping for some modded apps that will work with SBLive 4.1 here.

Anyway this X-Fi apps combine well with apps from Audigy 4 Pro and New Year 2005 packages.
    "

I use YouP PAX VI 2.2 and all's fine.

12. Mangekyou_S

Mangekyou_S New Member

Hi, I have a problem with the Youp PAX 2.31 drivers and Creative Mediasource. After I installed the drivers and then the Audigy 4 CD, everything worked except for Creative Mediasource and EAX Console/Graphics Equalizer. Just wondering if it's the driver that's causing those programs to not work.

For Creative Mediasource I get the setup screen but after that finishes, I cannot launch the Player. EAX Console/Graphics Equalizer crashes immediately upon launch.

Should I revert to the 1.02 Drivers? (Those worked completely for me) Or can I fix it without uninstalling the 2.31 Drivers?

13. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 New Member

I had the same problem.

Do a complete uninstall of all Creative apps and drivers (I used DriverCleaner too, though you might not need to).
    Then install the Audigy4 apps FIRST, including the patched speaker/surround files. Then install the drivers last. Worked fine for me :)

14. Mangekyou_S

Mangekyou_S New Member

Thanks, gonna try that now . . .

15. SCORPIUS

SCORPIUS New Member

I use Creafs 2080004 driver and Audigy 4 iso. I love it. Everything works, all the appz.
    I was not able to install YouP-Pax-Fiv2[1].31-SW.rar, got an error all the time :tears:
    Do i miss something by using Creafs 2080004 driver????

16. Robert McClelland

Did you installed software first then drivers you might have uninstalled the drivers using pax drivers uninstaller tryt hat then redo again.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

OK so if I want to install the YouPax drivers on my Audigy 2 Value then where do I start and whats the best drivers to upgrade to? thx for any help...

18. SCORPIUS

SCORPIUS New Member

Pleeeeeeeeease post a fast link for the new YouP-PAX 2.32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. km52

km52 ! Overclocked !

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  20. Robert McClelland

Guys and gals please check the pax forums for new mirrors there not enough go around yet to posted here :) I try upload one for you guys at file factory on Tuesday going take me 4-5 hours upload but you should have it by afternoon sometime :)