Zotac release the Worlds First 'everywhere' PC

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 6, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

The compact media market is thriving right now, with almost everyone after a compact, low power and capable media capable computer without breaking the bank (£210 inc vac).

Zotac have just released the new Zotac MAG, or "mini all in one giant" system. It is intented to fit everywhere, from behind a television to even next to the toaster in the kitchen!

It combines an Nvidia Ion graphics processor with a choice of Atom 330 or Atom 230 CPU and it all fits inside a 186mm x 189mm x 38mm package.

“As users start equipping every room in their house with computers for a true networked digital home experience, space and power conservation becomes an issue, especially for larger houses,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International. “With the ZOTAC MAG series, we’re providing users with a system suitable anywhere inside a house. The compact size, performance and energy efficiency makes the ZOTAC MAG perfect for all computing uses.”

Inside the ZOTAC MAG, a 160GB hard drive and 2GB of DDR2-800 memory join the NVIDIA® ION™ graphics processor and Intel® Atom™ processor for a complete system. Users need only add a keyboard, mouse, their choice of a display and operating system.

“We evaluated the market demands for miniature PC systems and every user has different operating system preferences for their digital home connected PCs. By letting the end user select the operating system they want to load, they’re in control of making it the perfect digital home connected system for their preferences,” Mr. Berger added.

General details
    • New ZOTAC MAG systems
    • World’s first everywhere PC
    • NVIDIA® ION™ graphics processor
    • Intel® Atom 330 or 230 dual or single-core processors
    • 2GB of DDR2-800 memory
    • 160GB 5400RPM HDD
    • Dimensions: 186mm x 189mm x 38mm
    • Stand and VESA monitor mount included
    • No operating system installed
    • Gigabit Ethernet
    • 802.11n WiFi integrated
    • 4-in-1 memory card reader (SD/MS/MS Pro/xD)
    • NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology
    • NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD technology

Attached Files:

2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Very impressive but it is useless without keyboard , mouse and monitor. They should have done portable ones to carry with.

3. clanman

clanman New Member

Bit pointless Comp Ali, tablets are already out.

I like the idea, with a simple USB dongle, and wireless keyboard and the lead directly into a TV this has great usability as it can be tucked in behind a big plasma.

My only concern is the Atom CPU, they really are feeble, I used one recently in a little netbook and it drove me mental waiting for it to do what I wanted. I know people say they are fine for email and surfing, but as a media hub? No thanks. I think Apple have this sussed with the mac mini, its tiny, quite gorgeous and has a full intel core 2 in it to power through media.

Nice idea Zotac and I like the design, just wish people would make one of these with a 'full' CPU in it rather than the measly atom. Costs would rise for sure, but i could live with a price hike for something more responsive and capable.

LeanWolf likes this.