ZOTAC ZBOX AD04 Plus Review @ HH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Jan 24, 2012.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

ZOTAC ZBOX AD04 Plus Review

We are starting to see a number of ultra small systems updated with the latest AMD E-450 dual core APU which features CPU and GPU in one compact design. A front runner in this market is the latest ZBOX from ZOTAC, the AD04 Plus and we have one of the first samples on our review bench today.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Just a few years ago, similar computers could run WoW at single digit frame rates. Not bad, especially for the price.

3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

it's not a bad price, is it
    looks alright this actually :)

4. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

What a shame, I was looking for an mini HTPC that can do Blu-ray 3D Playback as that's the one thing my Popcorn and WDTV Live can't do.

5. dikov

dikov New Member

It would be great if you can measure SSD bandwidth speed. Zotac MBs where reported to have problems with Sata3.

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

As far as I recall Zotac addressed the SATA3 issues they were having with AMD based boards, specifically the 880G and early M1 boards (what they call "Fusion350 A" releases), as well as the initial AD02/AD02 Plus systems via a bios update back in December. It's also my understanding that the "fix" has been incorporated into the bios of every release since, including the AD04/AD04 Plus.

Can't remember if it was specifically a motherboard or chipset issue, but I know it was addressed. My Nano AD10 is fine, at least with the Agility 3 I tested it with.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012