Zotac ZBOX AQ02 Plus Review @ HardwareHeaven

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by Stuart Davidson, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Today ZOTAC release the latest in their ZBOX Nano range, the ZBOX Nano AQ02. Palm sized and featuring an AMD APU we have the Plus version on our test bench for a quick look.

Read More

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

A nice "to the point" review. :)

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Beautiful system but I wish fewer companies used the green on black combo. It's just IMO ugly.
    Orange on the other hand would clearly work well with this.

I like the format of the review.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Odd question, but are all the screws for the casing the same size?

The reason I ask is that only 3 of the 4 screws for the bottom are actually used to keep the case closed (they screw into those 3 silver "arms" shown in the 5th pic). The 4th screw, which is positioned just above the SATA connector (bottom right of the same pic), screws into the bottom casing, and it... well... because of the screw length it tends to dig into the hard drive... at least when you use a 9/9.5mm drive (no so much with 7mm drives, but it has happend). I usually get around it by cutting that screw in half, and leaving it in place, but it'd be so much simpler if they would just make that screw permanent from the manufacturer, or provide a shorter screw for use in that hole.

You might think it's not that big of a deal, but you'd be wrong, because I've had Corsair refuse an RMA on an F120 SSD that was in one of these cases because, according to them, "The drive is damaged, and therefore the warranty is voided."

5. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

From memory, yes they are the same. Or at least when i screwed them back in I didn't notice any difference.