Just Visiting
Tuesday | September 28, 2021
DDR5 will be the majority in 2023

DDR5 will be the majority in 2023

According to a recognized industry analyst, the majority of the consumer market will switch to DDR5 by 2023. A particularly fast adoption speed if we think that the first ones will arrive only for this end of 2021.

Kingston DDR5 According to consulting firm Yolle Developpement, the server and enterprise markets will drive a 25% increase in DDR5 adoption in 2022. Then, by 2023, DDR5 will become the majority memory in consumer PCs and laptops. This is an extremely rapid transition, primarily because DDR5 is a significant upgrade from the current DDR4 memory architecture. The move to DDR5 is expected to be a milestone for the industry in many areas. DDR5 adoption The JEDEC Solid State Technology Association announced the final specification of DDR5 memory last year. It quadruples the density of DDR4 from 16GB per chip to 64GB, allowing manufacturers to make DIMMs with capacities up to 2TB. The leap in bandwidth is also regularly cited as a key factor in the evolution of PC platforms. Make no mistake, the move to DDR5 is also a critical economic issue for the industry. Projections covering the period 2024-2026 promise a massive and definitive switch to DDR5 in all sectors. By 2026, DDR5 could cover 95% of the market, leaving DDR4 with only 5% of the market. The study seems to ignore the problem of shortages and estimates that the colossal demand for memory will not slow down. The market weight would thus increase to more than 200 billion dollars by 2026.

About Author

OCC_FrTeam

Edited by Calliers

It appears you have AdBlocking activated

Unfortunately AdBlockers interfere with the shopping cart process

To continue with the payment process can we ask you to

deactivate your AdBlocking plugin

or to whitelist this site. Then refresh the page

We thank you for your understanding


Hardwareheaven respect you right to employ plugins such as AdBlocker.
We would however ask you to consider whitelisting this site
We do not allow intrusive advertising and all our sponsors supply items
relevant to the content on the site.

Hardwareheaven Webmaster

visited